Printbuyers Online

Sources for Diploma Borders

Answered by Jay Nelson, Editor and Publisher, Design Tools Monthly

We're sometimes asked to create some certificates, awards, or diplomas for our clients. They want to use one of those incredibly detailed fine-lined borders that you often see on diplomas and such. Can you recommend a source of good ones?
Those borders are indeed beautiful, and through the magic of the world wide web, many talented designers have created and uploaded them for your instant use.

What you're looking for are "guilloche" borders, and they're available from a number of stock image websites. We found good ones in various resolutions and shapes at:

Just search for "guilloche".

This question was answered by Jay Nelson, Publisher & Editor, Design Tools Monthly. We love DTM's tips and advice and think you will, too. For a free sample PRINTED issue, contact Design Tools Monthly at 303-543-8400, e-mail, or go to their website:

   © 2016 Print Buyers, Inc.